Thursday, November 20, 2008

Lets understand people/ My cat is red








Hmm ive been thinking about how I start a lot of my knows with “you know, “ or “hello everyone”
Maybe im not a good starter of blogs. But hey! Its all good.
Anyway, ive just been thinking abut how we don’t know the hearts of others… We don’t know why people act the way they do. So its always best to try to understand where someone is coming from. I think as a people if we all tried to do this while we are talking with people I think we would all communicate better and not get into so many fights by misunderstandings and badly put phrases.
but I think its not only just being able to understand someone, I think the way we view people will change. Understanding what someone has gone through will give us so much more compassion. So much more coolness in times of heat.
I think its more wise to do this than to just be mad at someone for nothing.

Well. Today was fun. Very fun. I think I just went all out crazy today. But its also because I had this huge thing of raw sugar cane… (if you’ve ever had it, its great and you know what im talking about. ) but yeah. Today was good. Everyone showed up to lessons that usually show up and I had a good lesson at the college today. So it was nice. And then earlier tonight I was writing another clumpy millet song that actually will be super awesome and I couldent get it out of my head and I was just walking around and beating my chest and legs as I walk in time to the melody inside my head… yeah… im sure other people had no idea what was going on… but hey its cool.

I had something I wanted to say… and I totally forgot.
I sang my prayer before dinner today. But I was by my self. But I think that’s good. So I don’t know why I was saying but like it was negitive… be-cause it aint no bad thing to sing by yo self brosephs and brosephinas… I do it all the time and its good.
Random thought… no one’s embraced me since I left from Tanzania… sorry to put a damper on that thought. But it makes me feel strange. And I don’t mean like a lame hug that’s an afraid hug or a side hug or the “ok, hello you’re my friend… ok please get off me…. No really I have a gun and a knife and poison gas all in one and mace up my sleeve and im not afraid to eat you (because really mace is pepper spray and I use it on my food…) “ hug. Not that I live on hugs or that I think about that all the time. Its just something that put a little hurt in my heart.
Anyway.
I have some more pictures. I think that shall be fun. Its me eating sugar cane, and pictures of some of my other students and rain.
Im so excited for cold weather coming my way when I finally reach home!
But apart from that I still feel quite at home here and I still have things to do and I still have not accomplished what I wanted (but im close… kind of.)
Wow people… my trip is almost done; this makes me kind of nervous. Well actually, quite nervous. Things are not where I want them to be right now, I wish they were like this like two weeks ago… but you know what? God sent me here and he will have me do whatever he wants me to do and there’s no reason for me to be uneasy because a lot can be accomplished in three weeks if the time is used efficiently.

Haha well, there’s the answer to that problem. That happens a lot with me… ill be like wait hold on… and then I’ll answer it myself (although its God answering through me to myself… or you could just say that God is answering me…).
Then I say, “well that was dumb. “
Welp I hope that you all have a wonderful day. Back home in Texas. And in other places. Do you know the muffin man? Well. If you don’t… Ask my friend Christina, she figured out his identity… but she’s not going to tell you just like that either so you have to say the abcs while playing the autoharp and skipping to the lou.
I think im going to end with a very dear poem that means a lot to me. So here it is.
Dvbsjkds
Vdakjba
Dkjabv
(that was stuff to fill space without leaving it blank also otherwise not knowen as the poem im about to give you. But sit tight and wait because as you read this you can prepare you mind for cats.)

My cat,
My cat is red
Your cat is dead
His cat is on my head
Her cat is in a bed,
That is what I said,
That is what I told fred.
Yes its something quite fearful to dread
When they fall from the sky like lead…

From the Sheepy Studios in Mbale, Uganda where the shepherd sighs at my senseless humor,
Scottry~~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey my Brother!! Just got back from my vacation this evening. Went to Roatan, Honduras scuba diving. It's awesome to see God's creation under the sea. When I see the animals in Africa and all the life is the ocean I don't understand how people can see creation as an accident!!
Hugs... I know what you mean about the infrequency at times. I'll tell you what I have learned... everyone misses hugs! So, instead of waiting to receive just go and give!! Give hugs from your heart and they will be received in the heart! A hug and a kind word given with God's love will melt the hardest heart and God will give you hugs in return.
I'm proud of you my Brother!! I look forward to seeing you. Oh, but whatever you do when we see each other again... Don't hug me!! No, we must shake hands as men of maturity and strength!! Right?
Keep seeking to know your God and to do His Will. Know He loves you and because of Him you have the love of many brothers and sisters!
Be strong and courageous... and hug the stuffing out of someone!!

Natalie said...

Scottie-
Aw, the drums in the corner look like a lot of fun. though i havent commented much, i do get updates from Glenn when i talk to him about how you are. He says you make him laugh adn that the house is always on fire with music. that is great.

sounds like you are doing well and will have much to accomplish in these next few weeks. then hopefully God will open doors for you to boast in His work in Mbale.

maybe i will see you somewhere in texas before i go back to uganda.