Sunday, October 26, 2008

Good morning. well. a few days ago. haha

Good morning people.
… If it’s morning, which right now where you are it’s not. But maybe if I post this at night it will be… haha well, im writing this in the morning here so there.
My camera died yesterday while traveling in amazing places back from Tanzania… I guess that’s what I get for not charging it for a week. there were some things I really wish I could have documented. There were a few very hilarious things that went on that trip back to Mbale (Back where I was staying before the Tanzania Mission trip.). ok… lets see if I can remember. So in the beginning of our trip (after we arrived in Nakuru, Kenya the day before yesterday. We stayed the night at Morris Ogenga’s brothers house) we were on the road and stopped to get roasted corn on the side of the road (which didn’t make me sick!! ) which was awesome, lots of fun, then when we reach a town called Eldorat, Kenya we stopped to get groceries and some clothes for the kids and it was fun being the only white guy shopping for simple things like soap and cereal, but the best part of that stop was when we went into the clothes section of this supermarket. There were these manikins that were probally from the early 80s and they just looked insane. One of them had a few parts of its face missing and arm on backwards

(random interruption: I just got up and told pastor Morris that I had MournFlakes with strawberries for breakfast and how sad it made me.)
(another random interruption: im going to take a shower now and come back later and finish this. )
So anyway, then one of our drivers Actually picks up one of the manikins and takes it up to the front desk and tells them that he wants that shirt. It was quite hilarious.
( Note: Supermarkets in Africa have everything in them. I don’t think they leave anything out. Its like Wal-Mart kind of but not as big)

yeah. I moved into another room. That’s all I have to say. Haha.
Ohhh. I set up my drum set last night. It was awesome! Especially playing it. Because I haven’t been able to play my drum set for a while. So it was nice. And I bought a djembe in Tanzania, and I think its my favorite drum now. Its really awesome.

Aside from all that. I just want to thank God for all he provides and for Morris and Aida who have let me into their Home and consider me now a son. It was kinda funny too because I felt like I was home when we crossed the Kenya/Uganda border.
Theres something about this place that feels like home, and its really cool. I think that God has something to do with that. I think that he has provided a sense of peace that only can be experienced at a place called Home so that I can stay focused. It can get really hard if you miss home so much and focus goes out the window. So I am thankful of that. Boy am I going to have a culture shock when I get back home. Haha.

Anyway. I love you all soo much, anyone who reads this. I love you, truly and genuinely. Not because you read my thoughts but because God first Loved us, and we are called to Love others with a full heart.
So heres you challenge. When someone wrongs you, love them. ( ask yourself if its really all that horrible too. Esp you folks in high school the stuff that happens there really isn’t that bad. But for some reason it seems worse that it really is. )
But if you turn around and love someone who has wronged you, they will probably get freaked out. Its sweet. But more importantly people see who you are in Christ. As Christians we don’t present ourselves like we should all the time, maybe only some of the time or not at all. Why not? Do you have a good answer? No. no one has one. So instead of rationalizing with yourself and making excuses within yourself, genuinely love people. As Christians we have been set apart by the blood of Jesus
-Sanctified In Jesus Name- and baptized by the Holy Sprit so that through Him we can do good. Because by ourselves we cannot do good.
Naturalists, humanists and maybe romanticists, if you think that humans are good take a walk through the bible. Or ask someone to show you (preferably someone who isn’t apart of a “feel good “ church) oh and if you are a Christian and hold to any of these things… well. Your wrong, not to sound condemning, Sorry to say, although not that sorry. But yeah basically, we suck and we cant make it alone. So God sent his son through the Holy Spirit to come and become the perfect Sacrifice for our sins. Because we were all condemned to death from birth but because God, being the perfect judge* made for us a way to Go to heaven to dwell with Him. Think about why God did this. Is it because he just randomly wants us to go to heaven? Why did he do this? Seems random right? No!!! In the beginning when Adam and Eve First sinned all humans were separated from God because we were from then on unholy and unclean. But still just because we were separated from God doesn’t answer the question. Why make a way for us to be made Holy in the Blood of Christ? Because God created us for a relationship, why else would he create us?
(*Note: The perfect Judge through which His judgment is sovereign and Not ours, you who are angry that God wont do things for you. Think about that statement. “…angry that God wont do things for you.” Yeah…
God works according to His will not ours.)
So love because God loves us.

The Shepherds Sheep,
Scottry~~

Ps. Someone tell me whats going on at home. I have no clue whats goin down. So what it be?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What if you think someone is wronging you on porpuse because they know you love them? and it stresses you out really really badly?

Anonymous said...

Scotty...this is really good, thanks!!!
p.s. Good Morning Tianchi (sp?) ahahaha

Anonymous said...

haha that's cool about the corn, I've prayed that the food you eat over there doesn't make you sick. Have you been eating pineapple much?
Speaking of food, at almost every meal, I've found myself feeling very thankful to God that he provides it for me and for some reason, it reminds me of Africa and you and I pray that you and those around you are well provided for too. I'm glad you have a place you feel at home. That must be very important.

You talk about loving those who wrong you. This was one of my first "favorite" teachings of Jesus in the Gospel when I first started to explore. Today in my church class, I realized how much our culture and generation don't really understand that well. The kids read the verses and I can just tell that they don't truly hold it true in their hearts. It kinda saddened me. But then I realized that I used to be in that position and that they still have time to learn. I hope God can use me and the other leaders to teach the kids about God and his love and truth.
It also made me realize how blessed I am to be friends with someone like you - you're so full of God's love. And I praise God that He loved you first so that you could love the rest of us.

What's going on here in America? Well the presidential election's coming up next week. The economy's not doing well. As for at Seven Lakes, Band just had a competition recently, Orchestra just had their pumpkin patch this past Saturday, and Choir has a concert this Tuesday (ah yes, I'm slightly biased towards the fine arts heh). I don't know much of local news but I never payed much attention to that.

And good morning to you too! It should be morning over there right now since it's night here, though the sun probably hasn't risin yet.